Join the MMA
MMA is on bigtent, please join our group through our webplatform: http://www.bigtent.com/groups/massmidwives
The MMA welcomes your membership, involvement, and/or support. All midwives who join the MMA agree to practice within the scope of the MMA Practice Guidelines. Membership is $100 per year for midwives (CPMs, LMs, CNMs, Primary Midwives Under Supervision, DEMs) and $50 per year for supporting members (Students, Apprentice Midwives, Doulas, CBEs, Others in the childbirth field). For parents who are looking to connect with other parents on our community forum, membership is free. You will not be able to join a committee, have your business listed on the website, or join our subgroups unless you are a supporting or voting member.
By Joining the MMA, you support the MMA purpose of:
- Upholding high standards of midwifery practice
- Unifying and increasing communication among midwives
- Promoting official recognition of professional midwifery by the commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Representation of midwives to the public
- Handling complaints among midwives and consumers
- Providing educational opportunities
All members must commit to eight hours of committee work per year, or pay a $50.00 fee to waive the committee requirements. There are many opportunities to promote and support midwifery by serving on one or more of the following committees: Practice Guidelines Review, Public Relations/Fundraising, Peer Review and Continuing Education, Legislative, and/or the MMA Board.