Join the MMA
The MMA welcomes your membership, involvement, and/or support. All midwives who join the MMA agree to practice within the scope of the MMA Practice Guidelines. Membership is $100 per year for midwives (CPMs, LMs, CNMs, Primary Midwives Under Supervision, DEMs) and $50 per year for supporting members (Students, Apprentice Midwives, Doulas, CBEs, Others in the childbirth field).
By Joining the MMA, you support the MMA purpose of:
- Upholding high standards of midwifery practice
- Unifying and increasing communication among midwives
- Promoting official recognition of professional midwifery by the commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Representation of midwives to the public
- Handling complaints among midwives and consumers
- Providing educational opportunities
All members must commit to eight hours of committee work per year, or pay a $50.00 fee to waive the committee requirements. There are many opportunities to promote and support midwifery by serving on one or more of the following committees: Practice Guidelines Review, Public Relations/Fundraising, Peer Review and Continuing Education, Legislative, and/or the MMA Board.
For question regarding membership, to make a cash or check payment, or to make a payment to waive your work commitment, please contact Pam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are two steps to joining MMA. First, click here to fill out the subscription. After filling out that form, you will be taken to another form to pay using PayPal, Or checks may be mailed to MMA Membership, c/o Pam Campbell, 12 Westbrook Street, Milford MA 01757.